Intensive English Program
The Intensive English Program (IEP) offers instructor-led, interactive classes to improve the reading, writing, oral and aural skills of its international students.
The Intensive English Program offers the following:
- English courses from basic to advanced proficiency levels
- A curriculum designed to prepare students for undergraduate and graduate level coursework
- The opportunity for students to develop computer knowledge while improving their English
- Professional and friendly instructors who use up-to-date teaching methods, materials, and texts
- Education and programming from a Christian perspective Use of all university facilities and events
- Cultural and social activities throughout Southern California
"The Intensive English Program at CBU serves as an indispensable bridge for international students to better study and live in America. It not only helps international students familiarize themselves with the American academic environment, but it also provides an opportunity for knowing the traditional American culture. It has been the right program to start my explorations in America."
Tao Liu, China
"The program has helped me so much to grow as a person and especially to improve my English. Coming here as an international student has been a real challenge to me, but a great transition at the same time. ESL helped me understand the culture, open up to people, and get immerged into the culture easily. I believe that God put me here for a reason and I am truly thankful for this opportunity. I am grateful for the people that God put in my life and just for the help I received from the ESL program when I first got here. I believe the ESL program really helps international students overcome any cultural shock. Now I see the benefits from it; I am more open to people, really social, captain of the swim team, and just simply feel way more confident with the language."
Vicente Andrade, Mexico
For more information about the Intensive English Program, please contact the International Center or call us at 951-343-4690.