International Undergraduate Applicants
File completion deadlines
|Session||Application, supplemental materials and fee must be submitted by|
|Fall (September) Semester||July 1|
|Spring (January) Semester||November 1|
International applicants must provide the following to complete an admissions file:
1. Application: To access the International Undergraduate Application click here.
2. Application fee: Non-refundable US $45 application-processing fee. Applicants can click here to pay online. Applicants can also send payment by check in the mail to the International Admissions office.
3. Transcripts: Official sealed copies of all academic records (including transcripts, mark sheets, grade reports, as well as graduation certificates, diplomas and/or completion certificates) from secondary schools are required, showing dates of attendance, courses taken and grades received. Transfer applicants are required to submit all official college transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and accompanying documentation, as well. All records must be accompanied by a certified English translation. Transcripts must be sent directly from the educational institution to CBU. Transcripts received by CBU from a third party (including the applicant) are unofficial and cannot be used for an application file.
Some programs, such as nursing, may require the submission of evaluated transcripts by an evaluation company. CBU recommends International Education Research Foundation, Inc. www.ierf.org
4. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendation from school officials where the applicant most recently attended.
5. Essay/Personal Statement: Submit a personal statement (minimum 3-5 paragraphs) responding to the following question: "What do you hope to gain from your experience as a student at California Baptist University." Give examples from an academic, social and spiritual standpoint.
6. English Requirements: Applicants applying from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate English proficiency in order to ensure a successful experience at CBU. English proficiency can be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
A recent official test score report with a minimum 71 IBT on the Test of English as
a Foreign Language (TOEFL). CBU's TOEFL Institution Code is 4094.
A recent official test score report with a minimum 5.5 on the International English
Language Testing System (IELTS)
An official test score with a minimum of 430 on the Reading section of the Scholastic
Aptitude Test (SAT)
An official test score with a minimum of 16 on the English section of the American
College Testing Program (ACT)
Completion of 30 transferable units from an accredited institution in the US with
a GPA of 2.0 or above including the CBU course equivalent of English composition,
Options for applicants that do not meet the English Requirements: Applicants who have not demonstrated English proficiency may be granted joint/conditional admission into the Undergraduate and Intensive English Program (IEP), CBU's English as a Second Language Program. Applicants who are granted joint admission will receive a form I-20 which states they have been admitted to the Undergraduate program and will receive English language instruction at CBU through IEP.
***All students from non-English speaking coutries, upon arrival to CBU, are required to take a university placement test to ensure proper English proficiency for academic success.
7. Financial Information: Documentation verifying the applicant's ability to meet financial obligations (tuition, fees, books, room and board, personal expenses, and health insurance) for the first year are required by the US Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services. This official documentation must include the following:
The exact amount designated to the applicant for educational purposes.
Completion of the Affidavit of Financial Support form.
Send all application items to:
8432 Magnolia Ave
Riverside, CA 92504
If you have additional questions, please email the International Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approval and Form I-20
When the above procedures have been completed, the applicant's file will be evaluated. Upon approval of admission, a letter of acceptance and Form I-20 will be issued.
Clearance for Enrollment
Upon arriving at CBU, and before beginning the registration process, the student must submit Form I-94 and passport to the International Center to verify US Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services approval.