I-20 Financial Requirement
- Health Insurance
- International students at CBU are required to have our Health Insurance
- Health Insurance is already included in the Fees above
- Health Insurance coverage is year round (12 months)
- Students are automatically enrolled into the Health Insurace
- Healthcare Type
- Your Insurance is a PPO (Prefered Provider Organization)
- You can go to any doctor or specialist without a referral and can change doctors at any time.
"In network" vs. "out of network": Stay "in network" to avoid excess costs.
- "In network" means providers are contracted with UHCSR. You can check to see if a provider is in network by looking up their name under Provider Lookup at www.calbaptist.edu/healthinsurance. There is no deductible for in-network providers.
- "Out of network" means they do not have a contract with UnitedHealthcare StudentResources.
- Deductible: The amount that must be paid out of pocket and met before the insurance will pay benefits
- Co-payment: A set amount that must be paid at time of service
- Co-insurance: A shared percentage amount that is required for certain services. Some providers require this be paid at time of service and others will bill you later for the amount.
- Where do I go if I get sick or hurt? When requesting medical treatment or filling a prescription you will be required to provide the following:
- Health insurance card
- Student ID card (when visiting CBU health center)
CBU Health Center
Located in at 3626 Monroe Street, Riverside, CA 92504
Hours: Monday–Friday: 8:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Phone: (951) 321-6520 or dial ext. 8811 from on campus
No appointment necessary for illness or sickness.
Must make appointment for well care.
This is not a comprehensive list. Additional fees may apply. The university reserves the right, with or without notice, to change tuition and fees when necessary.
An updated list of tuition and fees for the 2023-2024 academic year is available here.