As an international student, you are required to have CBU’s health insurance, this is something you are automatically enrolled into and is part of your student fees. Information about your coverage is below.
You are enrolled in a health insurance plan with:
UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR)
P.0. Box 809025
Dallas, TX 75380-9025
Customer Service: 1 (866) 948-8472
Policy # 2016-200405-4
Your insurance is a PPO (Preferred Provider Organization)
You can go to any doctor or specialist without a referral and can change doctors at any time.
"In network" vs. "out of network": Stay "in network" to avoid excess costs.
- "In network" means providers are contracted with UHCSR. You can check to see if a provider is in network by looking up their name under Provider Lookup at www.calbaptist.edu/healthinsurance. There is no deductible for in-network providers.
- "Out of network" means they do not have a contract with UnitedHealthcare StudentResources.
- Deductible: The amount that must be paid out of pocket and met before the insurance will pay benefits
- Co-payment: A set amount that must be paid at time of service
- Co-insurance: A shared percentage amount that is required for certain services. Some providers require this be paid at time of service and others will bill you later for the amount.
Where do I go if I get sick or hurt?
When requesting medical treatment or filling a prescription you will be required to provide the following:
- Health insurance card
- Student ID card (when visiting CBU health center)
CBU Health Center
Located in at 3626 Monroe Street, Riverside, CA 92504
Hours: Monday–Friday: 8:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Phone: (951) 321-6520 or dial ext. 8811 from on campus
No appointment necessary for illness or sickness.
Must make appointment for well care.