• Do you accept transfer students?
    Yes, we do. An applicant may apply as a Transfer student if they have completed 24 or more college semester units. 
  • How many credit hours can I transfer from another university?
    We evaluate transfer credit on a course by course basis. Transfer credit is given only for courses completed with a passing grade from a recognized, accredited educational institution. Your courses will be evaluated by the Registrar once you have been accepted to the university. 




  • How do I get a student visa?
    When you have been granted full-acceptance to CBU and have shown financial documents proving that you have adequate resources to support your studies at CBU for at least one academic year, the International Admissions Office will issue you a Form I-20.  Through the SEVIS website, you must pay your SEVIS fee and schedule an appointment for your student visa interview (for most countries). Students will be asked to bring documentation with them to the interview, such as the Form I-20, acceptance letter, financial documents, and a valid passport to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that has jurisdiction over your place of permanent residence and apply for a student visa.
  • What is SEVIS?
    SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) is a government, computerized system that maintains data about foreign students and exchange visitors during their stay in the U.S.

    SEVIS enables schools and program sponsors to transmit information and even notifications via the Internet to USCIS and the Department of State.  CBU is required to register students in SEVIS every semester.  For this reason, every student must register for a full course load every semester and CBU will register that student in SEVIS.

  • I entered the United States on a tourist visa. Must I return home to apply for a student visa?
    In most cases, a tourist visa cannot be changed to a student visa while you are in the United States. 
  • What are my options for employment with a student visa?
    F-1 students are allowed to work off-campus only if you have first received special authorization from USCIS.  Special Authorization is not needed for on-campus employment.   On-campus employment is limited to part-time (20 hours or less per week) during the fall and spring semesters.  On-campus employment may be full-time (up to 28 hours per week) during the summer and official school breaks.  When you work on-campus, you must maintain your full-time student status or your employment will become illegal.

    More information may be found on USCIS International Students Employment Website.
  • What do I need to do after I have secured my F-1 visa?
    You will need to complete and return the CBU Enrollment Confirmation Form which was included in your acceptance packet.