Upon acceptance into CBU, we will send you an acceptance letter and an I-20 for you to apply for your visa. Please review the following steps after you have been accepted:
- Review 1-20 and acceptance letter.
- Obtain a valid passport.
- Before you apply for the student visa, you MUST pay the I-901 SEVIS fee.
- Apply for the appropriate visa at the US embassy or consulate.
- Notify CBU of your visa interview appointment.
- Refer to these pages for additional information.
Types of Visas
Students who will apply for an F or J visa are required to pay the SEVIS fee. The SEVIS fee is established by the Department of Homeland Security. In order to pay the SEVIS fee, students will need their I-20 or DS-2019.
We recommend that a student pay the SEVIS fee at least 3 days prior to the visa appointment at the US embassy or consulate.
To pay the SEVIS fee, go to the SEVIS fee processing website.