Graduate Application Requirements
Update 7/30/20: CBU continues to accept applications for Fall 2020, offering acceptance as space
allows! Please see Presidents Ellis' message regarding CBU's updated plan for fall
instruction: Coronavirus Update. Please feel free to contact Graduate Admissions at 951-343-4249 if you have any questions.
Additionally, to better serve you, we have modified our application requirements for several programs. For more information about your program of interest, please
visit your program's application requirements page.
Here's what you'll need to complete your graduate application.
- Application. Apply for your desired graduate program.
- Application fee. Pay a non-refundable $45 application-processing fee. The fee is waived for current and former CBU students, excluding Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies applications.
- Bachelor's degree. Degree must be completed prior to starting graduate classes.
- Official transcripts. Send bachelor's degree transcript. Additional transcripts may be required to evaluate GPA and prerequisites.
- Recommendations. Within the online application, you can add the names and email addresses of your references. Recommendations from family members or friends are not acceptable.
- Essay or personal statement. Required for most programs. Please refer to the individual program page.
- English language proficiency. An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting a minimum score of 80 IBT on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Additional requirements for some programs include, but are not limited to, the items below. Please refer to the specific program application requirements.
- Official test scores: GRE, GMAT, TEAS, CBEST, CSET
- Research Writing Sample
Submit all items by fax, email or mail to:
California Baptist University
8432 Magnolia Ave
Riverside, CA 92504
FAX: (951) 552-8700