How do I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?

By calling 888.442.4551 or visiting

How long does it take to receive VA benefits?

First-time recipients should receive their benefits in approximately six to eight weeks. Continuing students should receive their benefits in approximately three to four weeks.

Who do I contact if I have questions regarding my eligibility or remaining benefits?

Please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 888-442-4551 or visit their site at You can also Register with VA eBenefits and make a PREMIUM account. This is where you will go to check your deposits from the VA along with the history of your certification status and months of benefit remaining. Go to Manage, Education, and then choose your GI Bill. 

How do I order my military transcript?

Please visit the ACE (American Council on Education) website to order a military transcript. ACE will guide you directly to the ordering website for your military branch. 

What if I do not have an honorable discharge?

To qualify for a GI Bill, you need to have an honorable discharge. You are able to appeal through a Discharge Review Board with your branch of service. For further information

What are my responsibilities as a student?

As a veteran using your education benefits, you are responsible to notify the CBU  school certifying official immediately of any action affecting your enrollment status - drop, add, or a change of certificate program goal. Failure to do so may result in termination of benefits.

You are responsible for maintaining satisfactory progress toward the stated certificate program objective. Satisfactory progress is defined as a grade point average of "C" for credit programs and/or an "average" for noncredit programs. Failure to maintain the required grade point average could result in the suspension of veteran education benefits.

How do I make a payment to CBU online through CashNet?

  • Log into Inside CBU with your user name (student ID) and password.
  • Click on the Student Accounts tab
  • Click on “Go to CashNet” – located on the right of the page
  • Click on “Click here to make a payment”
  • Click on “student account payment”
  • Enter the amount you are wanting to pay
  • Click on add to shopping cart, check out, and follow the prompts.  You will be asked to enter a new credit card, electronic check or if you saved your payment information it will be listed.  You will receive a response if payment was accepted.

Contact Veterans Services

Director: Jay Villasenor
Phone: (951) 552-8304

Lancer Arms 39
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504