Ready to start graduate school? The Financial Aid Office is here to help you through the process of figuring out and applying for the right type of financial aid to meet your needs. Follow the steps below to get started!

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required to receive federal and state aid. Graduate students can qualify for up to $20,500 in an unsubsidized loan per academic year by simply applying through the FAFSA. This loan does not require a credit check and is not based on income level. Make sure you complete the FAFSA early to avoid missing any deadlines. Click here to fill out your FAFSA!

CBU and other outside resources offer scholarships and grants to help graduate students finance their education.

  • Preferred Partner Discount: California Baptist University and many organizations have partnered to provide employees the opportunity to further their educational goals. See the full list of preferred partners.
  • Lancer Loyalty: The Lancer Loyalty Graduate School Grant is available for CBU alumni to help fund their graduate education.
  • Outside Scholarships: Check out our scholarship station to find out how to find and apply for outside scholarships and to see a list of scholarships available to CBU students.
  • Cal Grant (Master's in Education and Credential Students Only): Undergraduate Cal Grant A and B recipients who plan to enroll in a Teaching Credential Program (TCP) after they receive their bachelor’s degree may be eligible to renew their Cal Grant award for an additional year. For more information or to see if you qualify, please visit the California Student Aid Commission website

If you plan on taking out any federal loans, you must complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note. You can complete these documents on These documents are required and provide helpful information about the federal loans process, your repayment options and the terms that you agree to if you decide to accept any Direct Federal Loans.

The Graduate Plus Loan and Private Loans are available to most students that need additional funds to help cover any remaining educational expenses. You can find out more about both of these loans by going to InsideCBU.

Please check with your Graduate admissions counselor to see what date you will be able to register for classes. Once you are registered and you have completed your FAFSA, your financial aid offer will be able to begin processing.

Once you are enrolled in classes for the semester and your required documents are complete, a financial aid offer will be processed for you. You will be notified via your LancerMail ( when your award is ready for you to view and accept on InsideCBU.

Be sure to check your student account and make sure that your aid covers your costs or you have a payment plan set up.

Congratulations on navigating your application and financial aid process! We are always here to help you with this process and answer any questions you may have throughout your entire academic journey here at CBU. If your financial aid offer covers more than your direct charges, you may be eligible to receive a refund to help with living expenses, books and any other educational expenses. Refunds will be issued two weeks after your loan is disbursed to your account.


Contact Financial Aid

Phone: (951) 343-4236
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Yeager Center, Room D118
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504