MSW Online Learning Track
CBU’s MSW program is now offering a online track, providing great flexibility for students who desire to pursue their MSW degree while working full time.
The MSW online track provides the same curriculum, faculty, and program requirements as the on-campus program; however, students in the online track do not need to come to campus except for scheduled residencies throughout the program.
This is an amazing opportunity for those currently working in social services, people looking for a career change while working full time, veterans and military families, and those who may live outside of the Riverside area.
The MSW meets the current requirements for licensure in the state of California as a licensed social worker. If you are planning to seek a professional license or certification in a state other than California, it is strongly recommended that you contact the appropriate state licensing agency to determine all of the educational and other requirements for licensure or certification, before enrolling in a CBU program.
Below are a few particulars about this new delivery format:
- The curriculum is identical in all sections. However, students in the online cohort will complete their coursework remotely and asynchronously, providing them great flexibility and convenience to matriculate through school, while balancing family and employment obligations.
- Online students will attend four residencies throughout the program (each residency is 3 days, and 8 hours per day), providing opportunities for in-person engagement with faculty and peers. Residencies will be held in Riverside.
- Field practicum is identical to other sections. Students will complete the same number of hours.
- Employment-based practicum is an ideal option for students in the online cohort.
- Although online students will complete all coursework remotely, they are encouraged and invited to join on-campus events, activities, library services, office hours with faculty members, and other CBU related services.