1. What are the program's entry dates and application deadline?
The M.S. in School Counseling with a PPS Credential is typically offered as a cohort-based model. The cohort model requires a minimum of 10 students to begin and allows students to progress through the program in a cohesive manner, which encourages relationship and competence. The program begins in the fall as cohorts form. Information on the application requirements and deadlines can be found here

2. How long does the program take?
This program can be completed in three years by taking 7 units in each of the spring, summer and fall terms. Please contact the graduate program advisor at the Metcalf School of Education or attend an information session for more detailed information on program completion details.

3. Can I work full time while enrolled in the program?
Yes, during years 1 and 2. However, students will be required to complete fieldwork during their course of studies. Students are not able to work full time during year 3. 

4. When do classes meet?
Graduate courses at CBU are designed to accommodate the busy schedules of working adults. Classes are typically offered Monday and Wednesday evenings. 

5. What is the GPA/GRE requirement?
Candidates typically must have a minimum 3.0 GPA for unconditional admission, and a minimum 2.75 for conditional admission. Note: select programs have a higher minimum GPA requirement. Higher GPA requirements are specified within the degree requirements or available through the Graduate Admissions Office for more information.

6. What are the prerequisites for credential?
The prerequisites to begin this program are: PSY213 (General Psychology), PSY346/PSY322 (Abnormal Psychology or Theories of Personality) and PSY320/EDU302 (Life Span Development or Growth, Development and Learning).  

7. How do I get the Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Credential?
Once you have completed the required coursework and fieldwork, you must contact the CBU credential analyst at (951) 343-4586 and request the credential application. Return the application along with the necessary documents and payment to the analyst who will apply for your credential (you may not apply directly to the California Commission on Teaching Credentialing). You must also be recommended by CBU for the credential. To follow up on the status of your credential, contact the CBU credential analyst at (951) 343-4586.

8. Is there financial assistance available specifically for education professionals?
Yes, a variety of financial assistance options are available for educators. For more information, please visit the TEACH California web site at www.teachcalifornia.org.