Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate their ability to solve industry-related problems, to apply
curriculum mathematics and curriculum knowledge in other fields, and to develop effective
models of real-world phenomena in the context of solving real-world problems.
- Students will demonstrate their ability to complete a project in a team or group setting.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to recognize when scientific or numerical computation
is necessary to solve a problem and the ability to perform such computations using
modern tools such as MATLAB, R, FORTRAN, Sage, etc.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to read, interpret, critically analyze and discuss
scientific papers/articles from peer-reviewed journals.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to disseminate critically reasoned results from
course or research projects via oral and written communication in the form of reports,
papers and presentations.