Students will be able to:
- Faith/Worldview: articulate their personal worldview in relationship to the discipline, including a synthesis of how Christian faith impacts approaches language and literature.
- Theory & Criticism: apply a variety of theoretical and critical approaches in, and articulate their importance for, literary and language analysis.
- Writing and Research: compose original scholarly writing and research in literature and language.
- Literary Analysis: analyze texts based on literary genre, form, context, and social significance.
- Professional Development: engage in academic discourse regarding the language and literature through participation in scholarly presentations and the publication process.