1. What are the program's entry dates and application deadline?
The M.A. in English offers a rolling admission policy and accepts students for the Fall (September), Spring (January) or Summer (May) semesters. Students are strongly encouraged to have their application files, including all needed documentation, completed at least two months prior to the start of the semester.

2. Am I required to have a B.A. degree in English to enter the program?
No. However, M.A. English candidates must complete a minimum of 18 semester (27 quarter) units of study in English beyond the level of freshman composition, with a grade of "C" or better. If your undergraduate degree is in another area of study, you may be required to complete additional bachelor's-level courses to meet the program's minimum English competency requirements.

3. How long does the program take?
The length of the program may vary for each student depending on course load and thesis work. Students taking 2 courses per semester may complete the program in as little as two years.

4. Do you offer any financial assistance?
Applicants are eligible to apply for federal student loans and may do so at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Contact CBU Financial Aid for more options: 951.343.4236. 

5. Do you offer any assistantships (internships) or work opportunities for M.A. English students?
Graduate students may apply for on-campus employment opportunities, including hourly positions at the library or stipendiary positions as tutors in the Office of Student Success (ASC). Second-year graduate students who are in good academic standing and meet other CBU qualifications for instructors may also have the opportunity to teach on campus as English adjunct faculty, depending on course availability.
6. When do classes meet?
Typically, classes are held in the early evening and meet from 4 to 7 p.m.

7. Will I be required to complete a thesis?
Yes, English M.A. candidates are required to complete a thesis or in some cases, with permission, a project. Theses and projects must include original research and are completed with the ongoing guidance of a faculty committee.