We appreciate you considering CBU as a college possibility and know that choosing a college is a huge decision. Our admissions staff strives to make the admissions process enjoyable, informative and as easy as possible. Feel free to ask questions and explore our website for additional information. We look forward to getting to know you along the way!
Below we have listed the admissions requirements you will need to complete in order to be considered for admission into CBU as a first time Freshman.
- Complete and submit an application for undergraduate admission.
The Priority Application Deadline for Fall 2016 is December 1, 2015.
- The application includes a 3-5 paragraph essay asking "what do you hope to gain from your experience as a student at California Baptist University?" Provide examples from an academic, social and spiritual standpoint.
- This $45 non-refundable fee can be paid by cash, check or credit card. Click here to pay online.
- One of the letters must be an academic reference (from teacher or professor). The second reference is a personal reference and can be completed by a pastor, co-worker or friend. We do not accept recommendations from family or a CBU employee.
- You will need to order official sealed transcripts from your High School and have them sent directly to the Undergraduate Admissions office. The minimum requirement for admission into CBU is a cumulative 2.5 GPA (weighted).
- Arrange to take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) and have the scores sent to the Undergraduate Admissions office. Test scores are used for scholarship and grant opportunities as well as for placement.
The Undergraduate Admissions office upholds a rolling admission policy, which means that we do not have a set deadline for application; however you will not receive your financial aid or be enrolled until you have been accepted to CBU. And if you submit your Fall 2016 application by December 1st 2015, you will know by Christmas whether or not you have been accepted!
*All Admissions documents must be sent to the attention of the Undergraduate Admissions office:
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside CA, 92504
FAX: (951) 343-4525