CBU Scholarship and Service 2015-2016 now available online
Riverside, Calif. (Feb. 22, 2016) – Service learning, community service, and faculty research that enhances teaching are featured in the 2015-2016 edition of Scholarship and Service, published this month by California Baptist University.
The 36-page booklet focuses on some of the programs and people helping to actualize the CBU vision of "a University committed to the Great Commission."
Articles in this issue of Scholarship and Service feature:
- Dr. Andrew Herrity, recipient of the Trustees Scholar Award, is conducting research that will benefit students and help them prepare for careers after college.
- Dr. Candace Vickers involves her students in helping aphasia patients recover their speech.
- Dr. Keanon Alderson developed a class to pique students' interest in business and showed them that business can benefit society by impacting the lives of those less fortunate.
- Music majors learn their craft at CBU as they serve others in a variety of ways.
- Dozens of CBU students "adopt" a grandparent at the Magnolia Village senior living facility near campus.
- Hundreds more volunteer each year for the university's flagship International Service Projects/ U.S. Projects/ Summer of Service programs.
Read the publication online here.