CBU CAMPUS SHOWS LOVE FOR STUDENTS AND DONORS
RIVERSIDE (Feb. 13, 2013)—California Baptist University will be sharing the love across
its campus Feb. 14 for Valentine's Day.
To show students that they are considered "the heart of CBU," faculty and staff will wear a red heart sticker Feb. 13 and Feb.14. Faculty will begin classes by reminding students how much the university values them. University research has shown that relationships are a key factor in students' retention levels.
Students will express appreciation to 2012 donors during the second annual "Love a Donor Day" Feb. 14.
Hearts will be placed on all of the items around campus that have been funded by a donor. Students will have the chance to see how much of their campus has been made possible by outside aid, said Kim Cunningham, manager of donor relations and stewardship.
While around 75 percent of the campus operates from students' tuition, the other 25 percent comes from donations to CBU.
"It is important for students to see what on campus has been donated," Cunningham said. "For instance, almost every classroom in the (W.E. James Complex) has been donated. Some students don't realize that."
Faculty and staff members who donated to the university in 2012 will wear "I Am Loved" buttons so students can thank them for not only serving the university but for donating to it as well.
Booths set up outside the Alumni Dining Commons and Stamps Courtyard from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. will provide students a chance to write handwritten notes of thanks to the donors.
More than 440 letters were written by students at last year's "Love a Donor Day."