Graduates Needing Assistance
- Graduates who have special physical needs and are in need of any kind of accommodation should send an email to Kris Smith at email@example.com or call 951.343.4687. Our goal is to evaluate your needs and make personalized accommodations to make this day of celebration and recognition as hassle-free as possible. Please contact Kris Smith by April 1, 2016.
Sign Language Interpreting
- An interpreter will sign during the Commencement Ceremony for guests who are hearing
impaired or deaf. Ushers will direct guests who would like interpreter services to
Guests Needing Assistance or Accessible Seating
- There will be handicapped parking areas designated for our guests with handicapped placards. Parking attendants will direct guests displaying their placards to these areas.
- Arena Ushers can direct our guests with disabilities to seating areas for wheelchairs and walkers.
- Guests needing wheelchair access will be place in ADA seating on the North side and anyone that can step up or down at least one step will be placed on the South side. One ADA on the Main Concourse if full, guests will be directed to the Skybox via elevators where additional seating can be found.
- Accessible seating is first come first serve, as with all the seating for the event.
- Graduations have an increased need for accessible seating, so the arena reserves more seats for our accessible guests and their companions.
- The arena allows one companion with one ADA guest. All other family members can sit
near the accessible seat location.