Entry Level Master of Science in Nursing
The Entry Level MSN program is designed for candidates who hold a non-nursing baccalaureate
degree and seek to transition professionally into the field of nursing. Those who
have completed all prerequisite courses may apply directly to the EL MSN program.
Those who have not yet completed prerequisites for the EL MSN program may apply to the Graduate Pre-nursing program at CBU to complete the necessary prerequisite courses. Admission to CBU to complete prerequisite courses does not imply or guarantee later admission to the School of Nursing.
EL MSN students complete Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) approved pre-licensure nursing courses designed to prepare the students to take the National Council Licensure Examination, NCLEX-RN. Once licensed as a Registered Nurse, the student completes post-licensure coursework to earn a Master of Science in Nursing in one of four areas of concentration.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate competent, responsible practice guided by a theoretical perspective of nursing and science
- Use scholarly inquiry from Christian, Behavioral, biological, physical, and medical sciences integrated with nursing science
- Demonstrate nursing skills necessary for high competence at the entry-level in a variety of health care settings
- Comprehend the dynamic and evolving changes in the healthcare systems
- Articulate and demonstrate qualities consistent with a potential for leadership and admission to graduate nursing education