Annual Spelling Bee
2016 Inland Empire's High School Spanish Spelling Bee Contest
Please join us as we gather to celebrate our second annual spelling bee contest at California Baptist University in Riverside, California. This event provides students the opportunity to showcase their ability to spell in Spanish. Additionally, winners will receive cash prizes to be used for educational expenses, including computers, software, and school supplies.
The tentative date for this event is November 26, 2016 at 10:30 am in the Van Dyne Gymnasium. For updates and the most recent event information, please visit our Facebook page.
The prizes for last year's championship finalists included:
- A medal from CBU Spanish Spelling Bee Contest
- Cash prizes to be used for educational expenses:
- 3rd Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $700
- 1st Place: $1,000 + $100 Amazon gift card for winning teacher for purchase of school supplies and Spanish books
A speller qualifying for the 2016 Inland Empire Spelling Bee Contest must meet these requirements:
- The contestant must attend a high school (public or private) in or near the Inland Empire.
- The contestant must not have earned the legal equivalent of a high school diploma.
- The contestant must not bypass or circumvent normal high school activity to study for the spelling bee.
- The contestant must not have reached the age of 19 on or before November 26, 2016.
- The contestant must submit a completed online form and a signed Appearance Consent and Release Form (available on the day of the event).
Any high school in or near the Inland Empire is eligible to participate for the event.
You may register up to 10 students for every high school.
Sponsors for last year's event include:
Stater Bros. Markets
Spanish Program of CBU
Sigma Delta Pi
Dr. Michael A. Miroue D.D.S., M.S.D, INC.
AATSP Roger Antón
We hope to add your name to our website and promotional materials.