Patrick Schacht, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biochemistry
Office Phone: (951) 552-8819 E-mail: email@example.com Office Location: James Building, 448 Office Hours: Walk in: Monday 1-4PM Tuesday/Thursday 9-10:30AMBy Appointment: Tuesday/Thursday 1:30-2:30PM
|Ph.D.||Genetics, Genomics & Bioinformatics||University of California, Riverside||2013|
Genomics, Bioinformatics & Proteomics
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
G Protein Signaling
Teaching Assistant, Biola University, Organic Chemistry, 2005-2008
Teaching Assistant, University of California Riverside, Experimental Microbiology, 2013
Research, Presentations, & Publications
1. Kim JD, Schacht PC, Garud A, Park G, Borkovich KA: Heterotrimeric G Proteins. In Neurospora: Genomics and Molecular Biology (1st Edition; Kasbekar DP, McCluskey K [editors]). Caister Academic Press, Norfolk England, 2013.
Abstracts presented at national/ international meetings:
1. Scheeff E, Pleasance E, Zhai Y, Schacht P, Dacre M, Torkamani A, Schork N, Stratton M, Futreal A, and Manning G: Predicting the Functional Impact of Somatic Mutations in Protein Kinases Using Evolutionary Constraints; RECOMB Computational Cancer Biology 2007; San Diego, CA; September 2007.
2. Schacht PC, Borkovich KA: Studying the non receptor GEF RIC8 using Inhibitors and Suppressors in Neurospora crassa (abstr #632); 25th Fungal Genetics Conference; Asilomar, CA; March 2009.
3. Schacht PC, Borkovich KA: Studying the G protein Regulator RIC8 using Suppressors and Chemical Inhibitors in Neurospora crassa (abstr #27); Neurospora 2010 meeting; Asilomar, CA; April 2010.
4. Schacht PC, Borkovich KA: Evaluating the roles of the non-receptor GEF RIC8 using suppressor screens in Neurospora crassa (abstr #282); 26th Fungal Genetics Conference; Asilomar, CA; March 2011.
5. Schacht PC, Cambell AJ, Borkovich KA: Systematic Genetic Manipulation and Analysis of Ga Protein Interactors; Neurospora 2012 meeting; Asilomar, CA; March 2012.
Church Membership & Activities
Member at Trinity Evangelical Free Church, Redlands
Young Adult Bible study leader
Community Service & Involvement
Summer Undergraduate Student Research Mentor at UCR
Interests & Hobbies
But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15, ESV