Applicants must complete and submit the following
2. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency
3. Minimum GPA of 3.0 (cumulative or last 60 semester/90 quarter units)
4. Official sealed transcripts from all universities/colleges attended sent directly to NursingCAS
5. Three recommendations completed electronically through NursingCAS. Recommendations must be from sources who can personally attest to the candidate's potential for scholarly and professional success: one personal, one academic, and one employer. Family members may not complete recommendations
6. Comprehensive essay that includes the following:
- Purpose for entering the program
- Significant events and influences that have affected your approach to life
- Long-term professional goals
- Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
7. Professional resume that includes current clinical practice
8. California Registered Nurse (RN) license required by the end of the second semester
9. Prerequisites (completed with a "C" or better)
- Statistics (may be taken first semester)
- Microsoft Office Competency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) as demonstrated by completion of degree (within last 5 years), coursework OR exam
10. An interview with the School of Nursing may be required.
All prerequisites must be completed with a "C" or better prior to admission.
- Statistics (may be taken during the first semester)
- Microsoft Office Competency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) as demonstrated by coursework OR exam. May be waived if degree was completed within last 5 years of application.
Upon acceptance by the School of Nursing additional items will be requested for placement in clinical.