Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree
• GMAT score
1. Application for admission with a $45 non-refundable graduate application fee
2. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency
3. Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent to CBU Graduate Admissions
4. Official GMAT Score Report
5. Two recommendations from academic or professional sources using the online Recommendation Request form (PDF available on request). Family members and friends may not complete recommendations.
6. Comprehensive Essay of at least 1000 words that includes the following:
• Purpose for entering the program
• Long-term professional goals
• Reasons for choosing to study at California Baptist University
• Factors that will make applicant a good MBA candidate
7. Current Resume
8. Prerequisites (completed with a "C" or better)
Applicants should possess the following common body of knowledge from prerequisite courses or approved work
related experience in:
• Principles of Accounting I
• Principles of Marketing
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
9. Successful interview(s) with the Assistant Dean of the Graduate Business Programs.
10. An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate language proficiency by submitting a recent test score from Test of English as a Foreign Language(TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum score required to demonstrate language proficiency for graduate programs is 80 IBT or 6.5 IELTS. If scores are lower than this or no scores are submitted, applicant may be admitted jointly to the graduate program and Intensive English Program (IEP). Students will receive language instruction until they submit qualifying TOEFL/IELTS score in order to begin graduate program coursework.