The College of Allied Health at California Baptist University, driven by its Christian commitment, delivers life-long health and wellness professions education through excellent teaching and mentoring, meaningful scholarship, and servant relationships.
The College of Allied Health at California Baptist University will be a premier leader and college of choice among institutions offering undergraduate and graduate allied health education informed by Christian principles.
- We affirm California Baptist University’s purpose and mission as our own in the development of leaders in allied health.
- We believe that our Christian perspectives and commitments should permeate all of our organizational goals and activities.
- We seek to create an environment that fosters opportunities for shaping one’s own spiritual formation.
- We encourage the exploration of calling in one’s own personal and professional life.
- We consider learning to be an activity that never ceases, and that the life of the mind is a faithful and noble pursuit.
- We value the creation of timely, relevant, participatory, and experiential learning environments that develop well-trained individuals who add value and achieve fulfilling roles within their organizations, communities, and the global environment.
- We engage in teaching and learning that challenges and enlightens.
- We seek to conduct research that contributes to the body of knowledge in the allied health professions.
- We believe that service within organizations is a vocation in the sense that it is a calling that should be treated with great importance and the utmost respect.
- We seek to develop and demonstrate a heart for service in all students, faculty, and staff.
- We believe in the pursuit of excellence in teaching, service, and scholarship.
- We seek to cultivate an environment that encourages personal growth and development.
- We demonstrate personal and professional integrity.
- We accept responsibility for the quality of our programs.
- We participate in allied health professions organizations to advance the profession.
- We respect and value unique and diverse experiences and perspectives contributed by individuals learning and working in a collegial environment.
- We cultivate caring and respectful relationships.
- We create opportunities to develop relationships with our alumni.
- We encourage student connectedness.
- We appreciate and support external constituents.
Department of Health Sciences
The Department of Health Sciences is focused on equipping students with the skills, knowledge and compassion necessary to become professionals in the health care community. Whether a student pursues a degree in Communication Disorders, Health Science, Health Care Administration, Health Education, or International Health, the Department of Health Sciences faculty are focused on educating students at both the intellectual and the spiritual levels.
Department of Kinesiology
Thank you for considering us as a place to pursue your professional and educational goals in Kinesiology. It is our mission to prepare professionals of high moral character for opportunities in a variety of sport, rehabilitation, and physical activity settings. Our faculty and I are committed to providing excellent academic programs, promoting university wellness, and enhancing the quality of life for all those we serve. We accomplish this by offering bachelor and master degree programs that center in human movement and are guided by CBUâs Christian values and mission. Each Kinesiology faculty member is passionate about helping people maximize their physical health and overall wellness, and it is our goal to produce students who share this passion. Our graduates find rewarding careers helping others through athletic training, physical education, exercise science, sport management, and a diverse number of other allied health professions. We are excited to have you join CBU's Department of Kinesiology and encourage you to actively develop health science skills to succeed in your career and make a difference in the lives of others.