R.A.'s Top 10
R.A.'s Top 10
CBU Resident Assistants had so much to say about why they think you'd want to live on campus that we couldn't limit it to only 10 things.
Here is an ever-growing list (in no particular order) of reasons why students love living on campus.
2. Helps you get to know people well.
3. You get to move away from home and be somewhat independent-and although you move away from home there is usually always a warm welcome when you return.
4. Powder Puff football- CBU’s legendary intramural football team and the 2005 champions of the annual Biola Intramural Tournament.
5. You get to experience roommate life..its priceless.
6. You are aware of campus events and can be more involved.
7. You don’t have to drive to school so you can use your gas to drive to fun places instead of driving to school.
8. You get to have a social life (if you want one).
9. Nice and modern housing.
10. The scenery is amazing.
11. It's safe here.
12. Close to an In-n-Out Burger.
13. Late-night slurpee runs! *see Local and Broke section.
14. Crazy, hilarious things happen in your living area that you would miss if you weren't here.
15. You can work on homework and hang out with friends at the same time.
16. Late night Alberto's runs.
17. Free fitness center and aerobics classes available to all students.
18. On-campus Bible Studies.
19. You'll learn how to live with other people.
20. You can sleep in, or not, without anyone annoying you to get up.
21. You can stay up till the wee hours of the morning.
22. You can start to make your bed...but why?
23. You learn how to balance life without your parents guiding you.
24. You make long lasting friends.
25. It is easier to get involed with intramural sports.
26. You learn things about yourself that can only be learned away from home.
27. Meet lots of cool people.
28. One hour or less drive to L.A.
29. One hour or less drive to the beach.
30. You can wake up ten minutes before your class starts and not be late (if you don't mind rolling out of bed and going).
31. You form life-long friendships.
32. You'll get a TON of pictures out of it!!
33. You'll always know what's going on on campus.
34. It's a great way to grow spiritually outside of your classes.
35. Your parents will send you stuff (if you stay away long enough).
36.You'll learn how you do your own laundry.
38. Classes might be hard sometimes but living here makes it easy to get together for late-night-study sessions which are a staple of academic life here.
39. It's nice to have people around all of the time. It is like a nonstop slumber party.
40. We have the BEST New Student Orientation Week.
41. It doesn’t snow in Riverside.
42. The mall is only five minutes down Magnolia Ave.
43. Our pool is very nice and perfect for weekend swims with friends.
44. You don’t have to drive all the way home after class.
45. You'll have tons of study partners at your disposal.
46. You can work on-campus and not have to drive anywhere.
47. The Café has AMAZING food!
48. Meet new people every day.
49. You get to live with 32 people that will become your close friends.
50. Random late-night excursions to the beach.
51. Random people living next door to you will become your closest friends.
52. You will always be able to find someone to hang out with.
53. If you live in the dorms, someone else cleans your bathroom.
54. You'll have those deep late-night conversations about life that you will treasure for a long time.
55. The girl to guy ratio is 4 to 1.
56. We have cable T.V.
57. Where else can someone go snowboarding and surfing in the same day? Not that you'll do it, but you could if you wanted to.
58. The infamous 91 Fwy -It will teach you everything you need to know in life.
59. The availability to go to sporting events.
60. Wing and side events with your residence halls.
61. Proximity to American #2 Donuts - It's behind the school.
62. Playing really weird games at 2 am in the dorm lounge with people you didn’t know.
63. Getting involved in a church away from home.