Commit to get fit! Join us and… you will be able to:
- Develop a personal workout regimen through the direction of the Personal Trainer
- Apply skills learned in the sessions to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle
- Develop fitness goals
- Identify any limitations in performing exercises
Personal Training is FREE and limited to an inquiry with a trainer and three sessions per semester. We do not have a purchasing system for more sessions.
Personal Training may include:
- Client Assessment—time with a personal trainer to discuss goals, get your assessment completed including health history/PAR-Q and physician consent, body composition testing and orient you to the weight room
- Warm-up, stretching and cool down
- Free weight training instruction
- Cardiovascular exercise
- Exercise progression
- Evaluation and review of goals
- Basic nutrition
- Ideas for home and travel
LIKE our Facebook page to get daily tips, recipes and fun facts!
Sign up with us TODAY! Fill out an inquiry form or call 951-552-8580. We will contact you to schedule your first session!
Wear comfortable clothing (Please keep CBU dress code in mind!). Athletic non-marking sole shoes and non-jean apparel are required. Rescheduling/cancelling your session with a 24-hour notice is appreciated.
Personal Trainer Credentials
All of our personal trainers are certified by a nationally recognized organization.
Ready to become a Recreation Center Personal Trainer?
Certifications we accept are:
- ACE—American Council on Exercise
- ISSA—International Sports Sciences Association
- IFPA—International Fitness Professionals Association
- NESTA—National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association
- ACSM—American College of Sports Medicine
- NSCA—National Strength and Conditioning Association
- AFAA—Aerobic and Fitness Association of America
*You must have your certification to be considered for employment.
Contact Joe Fix to be considered.
Personal Training Policies
Personal training is restricted to those individuals who are employed by CBU Recreation Center. Any individuals found “personal training” may be asked to leave. “Personal Training” is defined as fitness instruction to another individual.