Receptionist for Campus Life
This position is to act as the main receptionist for the Campus Life Office by providing general information and assistance for all walk-ins, incoming phone calls and incoming mail by performing the following duties. A 40 hour, 12 month position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Presents a positive and supportive image of California Baptist University
2. Serves as the main receptionist for visitors to the Campus Life Office.
3. Screens incoming calls, inquiries, and correspondence, responding independently as appropriate.
4. Schedules appointments for the Campus Life staff
5. Receives and distributes incoming mail.
6. Makes copies of correspondence and other printed materials.
7. Provides secretarial and general administrative support by preparing correspondence, reports, and other documents.
8. Assists with maintaining accurate departmental records, files and appropriate databases.
9. Assists with the organization and maintenance of accurate departmental records, files, and appropriate data bases.
10. Assists with operations related to student meal plan tracking and associated use by University departments.
11. Assist with the coordination and arrangement of meetings, preparation of agendas, and reservation of facilities.
12. Assists the office supply vendor coordinator.
13. Assists with auditing vendor invoices for accuracy, and submitting invoices for payment.
14. Performs other duties that are specific to the Campus Life Office.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments..
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.