The benefits program for California Baptist University is as follows up through 12/31/2013. All full-time faculty and staff are eligible for benefits the first day of the month following their date of hire.
Term Life Insurance: CBU pays the entire premium amount for the employee at two times their annual rate of compensation. Also paid by CBU will be $5,000 term life for spouse and $10,000 term life for each eligible child.
Medical Health Benefits: for any medical HMO or PPO chosen CBU pays a major portion of the employee only coverage and assists the employee with dependent coverage. Employee contributions are available through payroll deductions on a pre-tax basis. Current plans are Kaiser and Health Net.
Dental: there are two options for dental, the DHMO and PPO. CBU pays the Dental DHMO employee premium. All dependent coverage is the responsibility of the employee. Employee contributions are available through payroll deductions on a pre-tax basis. Current carrier is Delta Dental.
Vision: CBU pays the employee premium. All dependent coverage is the responsibility of the employee. Employee contributions are available through payroll deductions on a pre-tax basis. Current carrier is EyeMed Vision Care.
Long Term Disability: this program is paid for entirely by CBU; employees are automatically enrolled.
Section 125-Reimbursement Plan: this plan administered by Igoe Administrative Services allows employees to authorize pre-tax payroll deductions for any or all of the following two categories to reduce gross earnings and obtain a reduced tax-withholding obligation:
1. Childcare reimbursement for a day-care provider.
2. Medical reimbursements for those costs not covered by medical, dental, or vision insurance.
Retirement Plan: CBU offers two plans:
▪ 403(b) and Roth 403(b) with GuideStone Financial Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention. CBU matches a two for one on the 403(b) program. Minimum requirement of 2% of employees’ base earnings means CBU will match at 4% up to a maximum of 8% of employee’s annual earnings.
▪ 403(b) with TIAA CREF non-matching retirement plan.
Voluntary supplemental benefit program: CBU offers various non-contributory voluntary supplemental insurance plans administered by Aflac:
▪ Accident Indemnity ▪ Specified Health Event ▪ Disability Income Protection
▪ Cancer Indemnity Plan ▪ Hospital Protection