Application Requirements for the Graduate Program in Education:
- Application for admission
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university (some programs may accept the evaluated equivalency).
- $45 application fee
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (2.75 for conditional acceptance). The presentation of a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or passing score on CSET Exam to overcome a low grade point average.
- Three recommendations using the online Recommendation Request form, from professional sources who can address your potential for success in education.
- Prerequisites: Six (6) undergraduate or graduate semester hours in education (EDU 302 and EDU 300 or ETC 505).
- Statement that includes your reasons for choosing teaching as a profession, your reasons for choosing to study at California Baptist University and why you are personally suited for teaching.
- Acceptance for admission by the director of the graduate program in education.
- Those students applying for any credential/master’s option must also submit an official letter of acceptance into the credential program.
Additional Procedures for Teacher Education Applicants:
A student who is admitted to the University is not automatically admitted to the Teacher Education Program. In order to qualify for admission to the program, each candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Complete or be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program at a regionally accredited college or university.
- Certificate of Clearance (COC)
- Take the state-administered California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST).
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a four-point scale, which is documented by official transcripts.
- Submit three letters of recommendation indicating suitability for teaching. (Forms are available in the Teacher-Education Office.)
- Complete a written literacy sample
- Have a satisfactory interview with an Education faculty member.