The Metcalf School's mission is to prepare educational leaders - individuals of high moral character, ethical behavior, who are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to create lifelong learners throughout the world.
- Many of our graduates serve in schools as teachers, counselors, psychologists, early childhood specialists, administrators, and in other important educational roles.
- Others serve in non-educational environments - workplaces, governments, and charities where they help adult learners contribute to the success of their organizations.
- We ground our students in teaching-learning theory. But we also equip them with the practical skills needed to create learning environments. We help them to fit instructional strategies to a wide range of educational settings and learners.
- Our ultimate goal is to teach our graduates how to create self-sufficient, lifelong learners who not only master content, but also critically analyze what they learn, collaborate well with others, create innovative solutions, and communicate effectively.
This is the hope of any parent for a child . . . of any teacher for a student . . . and in today's hyper-competitive global marketplace it's imperative for any employer for an employee.
The Metcalf Graduate School of Education exists to equip twenty-first century educators who can create lifelong learners in schools, governments, workplaces and nonprofit organizations. Guiding our efforts in that mission are four foundational values:
Rigorous - What you learn will affect what you teach.
Student-Focused - You matter. Expect us to be welcoming and committed to your success.
Faith-Based - God is. Expect us to be consistent with that foundational truth.
Leader-Centered - You'll learn how to build learning organizations. Expect to become a learning leader.
Live Your Purpose
We believe each person has been created for a purpose. The phrase, "Live Your Purpose" is more than a tagline - it communicates the essence of the CBU experience. Embedded in each of our programs, we seek to instill within our students these four qualities, technically referred to as "University Student Outcomes":
Equipped to Serve
At the heart of Metcalf is a team of educational leaders who are:
- Competent - their academic credentials were earned at top-tier universities.
- Practical - they have been seasoned by real-world experience.
- Caring - they are available to help you and deeply committed to your success.
Equally dedicated to the success of each student, our support staff strive to encourage and empower each candidate to achieve their goals and live their purpose. We adhere to and are driven by our STELLAR quality standards:
Serve Trust Equip Listen Lead Accessible Reliable
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."