1. Application for admission with a non-refundable graduate application fee.
2. A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution (or the evaluated equivalency).
3. 3.0 GPA for unconditional admission and 2.75 for conditional admission. GRE not required for applicants who meet the GPA requirement.
4. Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Introductory course in Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology or Behavioral Science
- Christian Doctrine or a course in Systematic Theology
6. Three recommendations using the online Recommendation Request form. It is preferred that one recommendation be from a professor or instructor. Recommendations from friends and family are not acceptable.
7. Comprehensive essay of at least 500 words that includes the following:
- Purpose for entering the program
- Experiences that have directed your interest toward becoming a counseling minister
- Religious background, present pattern of spiritual growth, fundamentals of personal faith and the relationship between your faith and professional goals
- Reasons for choosing to study at California Baptist University
- Influences that have shaped your present values and approach to life
- Include in your essay a response to this question: “Have you ever received psychiatric treatment or counseling, yes or no?” If yes, please provide a brief explanation.
8. Successful interview(s) with the Director of the Counseling Ministry program
9. An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting a recent score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 80 IBT. If scores are lower than 80 applicants may be admitted into the Intensive English Program (IEP) and a graduate program while taking required language courses to meet the minimum TOEFL requirement.